Thursday, October 18, 2012

Togetherness Makes a Mama Happy

There's nothing that makes this mama as happy as having all her boys together!  And this mama had a happy weekend!

It was a fast weekend with 10 hours of driving for 24 hours together, but so well worth it to hug our college boy's neck!

D is our oldest son, and he left for school, to a new college on August 15th.

We have not seen him in 73 days... But who's counting? :)

Oddly, though this is D's third year in college (where has the time gone?!) having him gone is just as hard as it was his first year away.  I so miss not being able to see him, hug him, and have him home.

Yes, I know I sound over protective, and yes, I know he has to grow up, but not just yet, ok?!

So Friday afternoon,  all 3 of us (Ray, our 12 year old, and I), packed up, jumped in the car, and headed to see D, 5 hours south. 

Five Hours.

But the time passed quickly because we were all so excited to see him.

He met us for dinner at Longhorns and when he walked through the door, I SWORE he had grown in the 73 days since we had last seen him.  I know his facial hair had! Ha!

We had a wonderful evening of dinner and then he took us to a local coffee shop he likes that is right on the water. It was a perfect evening!  Wait . . . did I just say he took us to a local coffee shop?

Yep.  You guessed it!  The only thing that could get our athletic, 6'7" boy to a coffee shop (and not always in the gym) is a girl! She is an athlete, smart, very cute, and oh yes, a Georgia girl! :)  We loved getting to meet you AP!

I hate saying good-bye after a fun 24 hours together, but I guess these college years are just a part of growing up.  And saying good-bye is part of the process.  Sigh.

D, thanks for showing us around your new college home. We can't wait until basketball season starts, and we get to come watch you play!!   We are so proud of you and we love you very much and still miss you as much as we did the first day you left your freshman year. (And yes, I know that's a run-on sentence, but I just really love my kid!)


From my side of the fence, togetherness makes a Mama happy.  Guess I'll just have to keep myself busy until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment