Saturday, December 1, 2012

I, Cathy Henry, Am a Duck Fan


Our family is hooked on a new show called Duck Dynasty. I know what you are thinking, someone who loves Lilly Pulitzer, pink and green, tiaras and monograms, and is KNOWN for being a girlie girl! . . . a show called Duck Dynasty?! 

If I have to pass blame, it's to our oldest, "D", who started us on the show. He kept telling us we had to watch it because it was soooooo funny! 

And he was right!  Omgosh!

Yep, we love it. 

Maybe it is because it takes me back to my roots of the south, where guns and camo and old fashioned values all matter. Maybe it's because I grew up with all brothers and now have sons. 

But whatever the reason, it's great!  The show is about a family from Louisiana who has made millions $ making duck calls.  The "founding father", Phil Robertson is the neatest man. He loves life and is always positive. He loves God, his family, and his country, and he is not afraid to tell anyone about it!  

He stands on principle and the truth. He stands on the Word of God, and that's rare to see now days. At the end of the show they always close with the family around the table, heads bowed, praying.  What a great way to end a show and a day.  

There is no profanity, no ugliness, only laughter,  and lots and lots of pranks.  It's about knowledge and love being passed from one generation to the next. That's it!  Now this is family TV. I laugh till I cry almost every time.  (On a recent episode, they were all in the forest picking Muscadine berries.  Their Uncle Si bent over and picked up a berry off the ground and ate it, then said, "That tastes like crap!" (okay, maybe there's a little bit of language!) His nephew looks down and says, "Did you eat berries out of that pile right there?"  And Uncle Si said, "Yes."  Everyone died laughing and the nephew said, "Uncle Si, that's a pile of coon turds!  When was the last time you had your eyes checked?"  I laughed until I cried.  Yes, "I" watch this show! 

My favorite saying is from Phil Robertson. He says "Happy, Happy, Happy" I love that! 

From my side of the fence, I think TV needs a lot more "reality" shows like this one.  Love, values, and just plain old fashioned fun!  If you haven't seen it, it comes on A&E on cable.


Cathy

2 comments:

  1. You need to read the story behind the main guy on the show...you will love the show even more after that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did today and I watched a you tube video of a speaking engagement Willie had.... Wow! I love how the fame is not causing them to waiver from their convictions and proclaiming The Truth!

    ReplyDelete