Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 - The Year of Shaping Up


NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS

Who makes them and who keeps them?

I mean REALLY keeps them, as in who keeps them in June, July, and later? 

I must admit that I do not usually keep them much past the end of February (and that's a good year)! BUT this year is different, because I have made my New Year's resolutions without realizing it, and I made them EARLY, as in NOVEMBER early. So, they are already a habit! :) 

Remember I talked about getting healthy? Well, I started! And as you read this, I have been totally gluten free for over 30 days, and I feel great! 

Next is to start running again. Did I mention I signed my husband and myself up for a 5k on Jan 13? Did I mention I have not run in oh, maybe 8 months or more? But hey, who's counting!

So, I am committed to my New Year's resolution of being healthy (and not just physically healthy, though that's a big part of it!)  So that I will be publicly accountable, here are my resolutions in a list form: 

  • I will be physically healthy. 
    • I will make healthy choices with my food.
    • I will exercise, in some capacity 5 days a week.
  • I will have a healthy marriage.
    • I will put my husband first, including with  my time. 
  • I will be emotionally healthy.
    • I will nourish the rich friendships I have, spending time with those I love.
    • I will seek forgiveness from those whom I have hurt, and forgive those that have hurt me.
  • I will be professionally healthy.
    • I will run my business in a way that pleases God.
    • I will give it my all, committing myself to make it successful.
    • I will make sure I keep a proper balance between work and family and faith.
  • I will be spiritually healthy.  
    • I am committing to my time with the Lord, every day, period. I have a devotional, Jesus Calling, and I will read it and the scriptures listed with it, every day. I know that keeping my body healthy matters for this earth, but keeping my focus on the Lord; that's what really matters. 
From my side of the fence, 2013 is "shaping up" to be a great year.  (Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment